Hi all, Sarranuva here and I’m back again with another guide, this time discussing which Shadowlands faction reputation you should start focusing on for YOUR World of Warcraft profession!
With Shadowlands being out for a little over 3 days now, I hope you’ve been enjoying the game as much as I have. Many players have hit that sweet, sweet level 60 mark and are either now turning their eye to their professions for the first time or have power levelled their way through the professions (like I have) and are ready to make gold!
Which Faction Should You Focus On?
The question that a lot of people are unsure of is what faction they should start focusing on and this is where I am gonna try to help with this Shadowlands Profession Reputation Guide.
There are several factions that exist in Shadowlands and several of them sell recipes to bolster your professions as well as many that can make you a tonne of gold – particularly items that are needed for the upcoming raids and Mythic+ dungeons such as potions, flasks, gems etc.
The main factions that are connected to professions in Shadowlands operate on a Neutral to Exalted level and are:
- The Ascended which are in the Bastion. Their base is located at Hero’s Rest and their reputation quartermaster is Adjutant Nikos. They have 4 notable recipes which are:
- Plans: Shadowsteel Helm for Blacksmithing which is unlocked at Honored
- Schematic: PHA7-YNX for Engineering which is unlocked at Exalted
- Technique: Codex of the Still Mind for Inscription which is unlocked at Friendly
- Technique: Contract: The Ascended for Inscription which is unlocked at Revered
Court of Harvesters
Court of Harvesters are in Revendreth. Their base is located at the Sinposium and their faction Quartermaster is Mistress Mihaela. They have 2 notable recipes which are:
- Technique: Contract: Court of Harvesters for Inscription which is unlocked at Revered
- Design: Revitalizing Jewel Doublet for Jewelcrafting which is unlocked at Honored
The Undying Army
The Undying Army is in Maldraxxus. Their base is located at the Theater of Pain and their faction quartermaster is Nalcorn Talsen. They have 4 notable recipes which are:
- Plans: Shadowsteel Pauldrons for Blacksmithing which is unlocked at Honored
- Schematic: Wormhole Generator: Shadowlands for Engineering which is unlocked at Honored
- Technique: Contract: The Undying Army for Inscription which is unlocked at Revered
- Pattern: Shadowlace Cloak for Tailoring which is unlocked at Honored
The Wild Hunt
The Wild Hunt faction are in Ardenweald. Their base is located at the Heart of the Forest and their faction quartermaster is Aithlyn. They have 5 notable recipes which are:
- Recipe: Eternal Cauldron for Alchemy which is unlocked at Revered
- Formula: Sacred Shard for Enchanting which is unlocked at Honored
- Technique: Contract: The Wild Hunt for Inscription which is unlocked at Revered
- Pattern: Heavy Desolate Armor Kit for Leatherworking which is unlocked at Honored
- Pattern: Heavy Desolate Hide for Leatherworking which is unlocked at Revered
Reputation Gains in Shadowlands
Gaining reputation with these factions can be done through a variety of ways such as side-quests in the locations, daily quests, weekly quests in Oribos and if you happen to be the same covenant you can also to the daily calling. I won’t go into too much detail on how to grind it out, but I would suggest Wowhead or Icy Veins guides once you choose which faction to focus on.
There are also some non-gated factions that you will be interested in as well:
The Avowed which are in Revendreth. Their based is located at the Halls of Atonement and their faction Quartermaster is Archivist Janeera. This follows the typical Neutral to Exalted grind. The only notable recipe is:
- Formula: Enchanted Elethium Bar for Enchanting which is unlocked at Honored
The Ve’Nari faction is in The Maw. This isn’t a faction as such as it is slightly different in reputation levels and is more in line with “friend” levels.
These two factions offer Crafter’s Mark II from Ve’Nari and Crafter’s Mark III from The Avowed for all professions so these are “nice to haves”.
And this is where the confusion lies for some people – which faction reputation should I focus on for my profession.
Help Choosing a Shadowlands Faction Based on Professions
To make this easier, I’ve created this graphic to help visualise where you should focus based on your profession (and excluded the Crafters Marks). So, for example, if you’re an alchemist, you will probably want to focus on The Avowed for the Shadestone, but focusing on The Wild Hunt for your daily quests to unlock the Eternal Cauldron to make gold from raiders. For Inscription, it’s a bit more clear cut as The Ascended offer two profession rewards (the Shadowlands Codex of the Still Mind and the Contract).
My advice to you would be to look at which professions you have, combine the number of primary focus for each reputation and focus on that reputation. So, taking me as an example, my Main has Jewelcrafting and Inscription so I’ll be focusing on The Ascended and then Court of Harvesters. I did contemplate The Wild Hunt to earn the Contract as there are 5 recipes behind that reputation, but I’m being selfish and want to max out my profession potential.
What will you be focusing on for your reputation grind? Has this guide helped you come to a decision? Hopefully this guide has been useful but if it hasn’t please let me know in the comments section below.
In the meantime, take care, stay safe and I’ll see you in the next video.